If you’re hoping to boost your online traffic with banner ads, you may be asking yourself: how can I create a web banner ad design that people will want to click on? Web banner design focuses on the systematic creation of effective banner ads through the careful application of basic design guidelines. In this article, we’ve put together all the information you need to create successful web banner designs.
1. Use the most effective, standard banner sizes
Based on our metrics, the most popular and successful ad sizes are:
- 728×90px — Leaderboard
- 300×600px — Half Page
- 300×250px — Medium Rectangle
- 468×60px— Small Banner
When it comes to banner design, the most important aspect that you should consider is the hierarchy of the information and/or elements that are displayed.
1. Company logo — In most cases, you’ll want your logo to be the first thing the user notices. This will help them easily identify your brand, and if they’re a customer, they will most likely check out the rest of the content.
2. The Value Proposition — This is the most important item on your banner. It should be as visible as possible (but not as visible that gauges your eyes out) the thing that your users should care about, what you can do for them.
3. Call-to-Action — text or button that invites users to click. Phrases like “Learn more” or “Get started” or “Find out more” are great examples. This should be a clear focal point of the ad.
2. Place your banner ads correctly
Purchase space on a website where your design will be featured above the fold and close to the main content of a page. If you are interested in cryptocurrency traffic, check us out at Coinverti.com.
3. Keep it simple
Keep content and visuals simple. Viewers are probably only going to glance at your web banner ad for a second.
4. Use buttons appropriately
Depending on the type of banner, buttons will often increase the click-through rate (CTR) of your ad. If you’re going to use them, place them after your copy on the lower right side in (tastefully) contrasting colors. Always keep them consistent throughout the set of ads.
5. Use animations
Animated web banner ads usually out-perform static banner ads and can be very effective in website banner design, but you have to make sure that they don’t distract from the message of your ad.
There you have it! These are just some banner ad design guidelines, but it takes a lot more to create truly awesome, high-performing ads. For the advertisers, who often find themselves short of time to develop creatives in-house, we propose banner design service.